How you protect yourself
Your security - we can all play a part
As your financial institution, we take the protection of your information and transaction data very seriously.
But online security is a partnership between us (as the provider of online banking services to you) and you (the user of these services). As such, it's important that you do four things:
- Keep informed
- Improve your own online security
- Never share your password or secret answers with anyone
- Be responsive and pro-active
Technology cannot automatically protect you against all fraud and security risks. A range of email and other online frauds have been attempted over the last few years; scams continue to evolve and it is important to be aware of them.
Things you can do to keep informed:
- Learn about the types of Fraud and Scams you may encounter
- Understand the range of Online Security Practices and Online Communications Practices we have adopted. Learn more on how we protect you here.
Improving your online security
As a member it is your responsibility to comply in accordance with the Qudos Bank’s terms and conditions by taking reasonable steps in keeping your personal information secured at all times.
Make sure you’re familiar with the following tips for keeping your PIN secure:
- Memorise your PIN, DO NOT record your PIN on / with your card / device / diary
- Don’t disclose your PIN to anyone, including family or friends
- Don’t let anyone see you enter your PIN / use your hands to protect your PIN by covering the keypad
- Don’t select a PIN that could easily be associated with you, such as your date of birth, phone number or postcode
- DO NOT allow anyone else to use your PIN or card
- Keep your PIN and card secure at all times
- Report your card immediately if lost or stolen, call 1800 621 199 (24 hours toll free) or during business hours 1300 747 747
For more on online security, read our Online Security FAQs.