I want to dispute a transaction made on direct debit, what should I do?

If a merchant or business debited your account for an incorrect amount or frequency, you should contact them directly.

You need to call us straight away on 1300 747 747 if you find an unauthorised transfer on your account. We may ask for additional information to understand what has happened and will investigate any loss in accordance with the ePayments Code and provide you with your outcome in writing within 21 days.

We can place a stop on a direct debit transaction immediately if it is set up on your transaction or savings account. If you’d like to cancel a direct debit authority, please contact us and we’ll guide you through the process.

Cancelling a Direct Debit being processed through a Visa Debit or Credit Card isn’t as easy and you should contact the merchant directly. Please contact us if you are having difficulties.

When in doubt, please contact us on 1300 747 747 or send us a Secure Mail from within Online Banking or the Mobile App.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Contact us to speak with a Customer Service Specialist.